Organisation: The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP)
Location: Initial work, training and some meetings will take place at our offices near
Victoria station, central London. After there will be the option to work remotely or from
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed term contract until end of April 2018 with the possibility for extension
Pay: £24,000-£32,000 pro rata (£2,000-£3,000 per month if working full time)
Working hours: Flexible – 0.6-1 FTE, 24-40 hours/week
The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) is a small agency focused on social good. We do three main things:
1. Consult: We provide strategic advice to help organisations better understand and
increase their social impact.
2. Design: We develop and pilot products and programmes for social good.
3. Accelerate: We help high impact products and programmes to scale.
We create value, measure and deliver social good. We work with clients from across sectors who share our vision of a world where people can contribute to change, organisations listen to innovate, and society benefits.
Current clients include Marks and Spencer Plan A, the Greater London Authority, UK Youth, Nesta and Crowdfunder.
TSIP’s five values drive our work and guide us daily. We strive to work energetically; turn ideas into action; act as an honest, critical friend to achieve the best results; and deliver quality and excellence in everything we do, operating with a strong social purpose.
You can find out more about TSIP on our website: http://tsip.co.uk
Project Assistant Role
The next couple of months will be busy period for us, with several important projects coming to an end. We are looking for a talented person who can support our team between now and the end of April.
The role will span client-facing and internal projects and will involve:
• Helping to write reports and draft other content for clients
• Desk-based research
• Helping to prepare communications materials including slides
• Analysing notes from interviews and focus groups to draw out key themes
The successful candidate must be available to start immediately and able to work at least 24 hours per week in March and April. This is equivalent to working three full days per week. Working hours are flexible provided they overlap with our standard working day (9am-6pm).
Initially, the role will be based at TSIP’s offices in central London. After an initial
induction period most of the work can be done remotely. We will provide the successful candidate with all necessary training and ongoing support throughout.
This role is paid. It may be possible to reimburse some travel costs subject to agreement in advance.
We are looking for someone who has the following experience:
• Some higher education (some postgraduate study preferred)
• Experience of conducting desk-based research
• Training in social research methods including qualitative data analysis
• Experience of using Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Experience of using InDesign is preferred but not essential
As well as the following attributes:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to write engaging public-facing content
• Able to create professional-looking slides and reports
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Good at multi-tasking
• Interested in in learning new skills
• Willing to get stuck in and help where needed
Email your CV with Cover Letter (not more than 500 words) and a writing sample (blog, essay, report, etc) to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is the 6th of March 2018. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may appoint before the deadline if we find a suitable candidate.